As we transition into Autumn, we'd like to remind everyone that Fall Car Care Month is here.October is the perfect moment to assess the health of your car and bring it into Frank's Servicenter for high-quality maintenance. Let's be frank; your vehicle has been through ups and downs this past summer. It's probably vulnerable from all the heat in Southampton, PA. You probably took many, many road trips to see friends and family too. Before it gets cold, we highly recommend you come in to get all your systems checked out. Here are our top 10 items to check for fall!
- Fluids. This includes engine oil, power steering fluid, brake fluid, transmission fluid, windshield washer fluid, and antifreeze/coolant. Make sure there is a sufficient amount in the tanks to get you through the fall and winter.
- Hoses and Belts. These are fragile parts, and they should not be cracked, brittle, frayed, or loose.
- Battery. Your battery has probably suffered the most from the summer heat. Out techs can test and check your battery for corrosion.
- Brakes. Please make sure your pads are not worn down, and your rotors aren't warped.
- Exhaust System. Your emissions system should be clear of leaks and damage.
- Engine. Please ensure that your motor is performing well, including giving you the gas mileage it should.
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning System. There's nothing more frustrating than freezing in your car in the middle of winter. Please make sure your heating (and defrosters) work.
- Steering and Suspension System. Ensure your shock absorbers, struts, ball joints, and other parts are checked during the fall inspection.
- Tires. You should already be frequently monitoring your tire pressure to make sure it meets your manufacturer's specifications. Another thing to notice is whether your tread is wearing even or not. If you have any signs of irregular wear, you may need a wheel alignment.
- Windscreen Wiper Blade and Lighting. Your wiper blades need to be functional with no cracks or tears to ensure it does its job to clear rain and snow. While you're changing out the blades, we advise you do a 360 walk-around to see if all of your lights are operative.
By having your car inspected now, you will reduce the risk of a problem in the cold and harsh PA winter. A trip to the repair shop in ice or snow is never fun. Feel free to give Frank's Servicenter a call or visit today!