Why Did My Check Engine Light Turn On?
It’s a regular day and you’re cruising around running errands. Everything’s cool and your car seems to be running just fine. All of a sudden you notice that the “check engine” light pops up! If your Emissions system is not up to par, it affects your engine therefore affecting your drivability.Let’s take a look at 5 possible reasons why your check engine light turned on.
1. The Fuel Cap is Loose - This is the most common + it’s an easy fix! Safely pull over and make sure your gas tank is screwed on and tightened properly.
2. Are you low on Oil? - Another popular reason your engine light could switch on is due to low oil in your vehicle. You’ll want to have it checked ASAP.
3. Faulty Sensors - If any of your sensors are not working accordingly within your engines standards it could potentially cause more issues. (Don’t wait to get this check out!)
4. Catalytic Converter Failure - If you notice a drop in mileage or hear strange noises make an appointment here ASAP! (WEIRD FACT: You could experience the smell of rotten eggs if this is the issue at hand)
5. Engine Misfire– if your car is running rough or seems to have a lack of power, the engine could be misfiring. The smell of gas is common in this case and you should bring it in to get it inspected.
What should you do?
Now that you know some of the reasons as to why your engine light turned on, It’s time to reach out to Frank’s Servicenter! If your check engine light is on you’ll want to bring it into the shop so that one of our skilled technicians can check it out. Click here to make an appointment and swing by Frank’s Servicenter at 645 Knowles Ave, Southampton, PA 18966 or call us at (215) 355-8877!
Follow Frank’s Servicenter onFacebook,Instagram andYoutube!